Sunday 21 June 2015

It's the Weekend

Off at a more leisurely 8.30 this morning, Marlow rowers everywhere. Arrive at Temple lock as my old school acquaintance Dave comes on duty, he says "my daughter wished me a happy fathers day this morning and apologised that there was no card or present as she was broke" He replied "what ever happened to home made cards" Had a bit of a natter and were soon on our way for the short trip to Hurley. Quite a few boats on the move again.

We get to Henley and find a ladies regatta in progress:


We get to Sonning and are the second boat hovering in wait of the lock landing, what is going on? Where have all the boats suddenly come from? Lockie is at lunch and the lock is on self service, eventaully some boats come down and 3 get in and I get a place on the landing. I go to the lock to see if I can help, just as the lockie returns from lunch, "Oh chaos is it" he says. Eventually we get up and as we leave I point to the now empty landing and comment on how order has been restored!!

As we pass Reading, there's another rowing regatta going on, pretty chaotic this one with boats everywhere, still, all adds to the fun!!

We spot today's wildlife just before Caversham lock:


Got itself a bit dirty this one!!

We cruise on to Whitchurch, I scan the moorings for a space as we approach, but to no avail. Then, 2 boat lengths ahead, a boat pulls out, that's never happened before, but not being one for looking a gift mooring in the whatever, in we go all tied up for the night. Look out wine, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment