Tuesday 2 August 2011

2nd August 2011 - And now restrictions

I've travelled a few miles today and just stopped to discover that Hillmorton Locks have water saving restrictions on them starting today. They're only a mile away, so I'll get away sharpish in the morning to avoid any potential delays. The North Oxford canal has been incredible today! I don't think I've seen as many boats on the move in the whole of the trip to date!! At one point there were 4 in a row (me included) and 3 or 4 coming the other way! Still not far to go now. Nothing really of note, a small wait at Hawkebury as a BW boat was winding in front of me as a boat was coming through the lock. A bit of chaos at Sutton Stop as the above mentioned lots of boats were trying to pass through, doesn't help too much when somebody closes the swingbridge as a boat is passing through!! I'm just South of Rugby now and it's been another fine day!

Hawkesbury Junction:


Today:   23 miles -     1 lock -       9 hours
So Far: 643 miles - 487 locks - 325 hours

1 comment:

  1. amazing boat. this type of adventures are really so memorable moment for a person.
    Yacht Rental In Dubai

    ReplyDelete